Sunday, April 1, 2012

Overshare

Today a few of us S2S'ers and a non-S2S'er ran over 8 miles. For the first time like maybe ever I tried not to walk when I got tired. I just powered through the hard times and I think it actually got easier. I've heard people say this and never really believed them. Now I'm a believer.

Know what else I'm a believer in? Making a crock pot meal before heading out to the run so there are no expectations from the family of me when I walk in the door.

Know what else? I walked in after being gone for like 3 hours, grabbed a beer and got in the hot tub all by myself. No one even cared. I kind of like the kids growing up, they pretty much only need me at meal times now. They were so engrossed in their game of Sequence with Matt that I don't think they even saw me. A small part of me was sad, but I quickly wiped the tear away and ran outside before they decided they needed a snack or some juice.

Now for the overshare: I think 2 bowls of taco soup after an 8 mile run was a retarded idea. It reminds me of the giant burrito I ate after my second leg of last year's S2S. When will I ever learn my lesson? My body is so gargely right now I'm afraid to stand up too quickly. Damn you food!

1 comment:

  1. oh, jeannette, you make me laugh every single time i read your posts! at least you've got a hot tub! my body is just off....no odd noises coming from me but i certainly don't feel normal!

    ReplyDelete